Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oregano and Garlic Roasted Lamb


This dish, I was quite 'meh' about. In the end, after cooking, it all seemed very bland and I don't know if I under seasoned it or there was not enough flavour... But the dish all tasted the same after the first mouthful and Hubby and I didn't enjoy it all that much.

I think it might have been the wrong cut of meat too as the lamb leg was nice and pink but there was so much fat left on it that hadn't rendered down. It would have benefited from a long slow cooking more, in my humble opinion.

So a few days later, that's what I did. Cut up all the leftovers, added a crapload of veggies and baked it with some beef stock into a pie. The meat was falling apart on our fork and the stock and rosemary I added gave it a much richer flavour.

Waste not, want not. Was a great second dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment